Friday, March 27, 2020

COVID-19 Writing Challenge: Each Day Of The Week, Will Serve As A Spine



On Thursday, March 26, 2020 the writing challenge was a 7 line poem.

The assignment read:

Seven days, seven lines.
Each day of the week,
will serve as the spine,
what you did each day
you will have to think
and that my friend
will serve as the link
Three days are gone
but don't let that
make your heart sink
Three are yet to come
You have time to sync.


Give it a shot
What do you have to lose
Hey, it might just help you 
get over the 'rona blues!!!

Here's what my blithe, bouncy, breezy, buoyant, budding biologists said:

I can’t even remember
What I have done
Every day is a blur
But this is what I know
I’ve been working with my parents
Painting and drawing
Reading and watching YouTube 

Well as the days go by
and my mind feels light
I might as well try my best to write - Me

Monday was strange, I was stressed to have rest
Tuesday was understanding, I saw that work wasn’t changing
Wednesday was okay, I had relief that I had some type of say 
Thursday feels the same, I have work and entertainment for days
Friday? I don’t know, it will be unbeknownst to me 
Saturday, so far yet so close, a parallel universe at most
Sunday, the dawn of a week, the rise of a world that I’ll seek


Monday: I bleached my hair, but oh well, it grows back. 
Tuesday: I did a whole lot of homework, I got back on track.
Wednesday: I babysat and, oh boy, I'm surprised I didn't have a heart attack.
Thursday: My dad got a tattoo and was a little cranky but I cut him some slack. 
Friday: I might dye my hair pink and purple with some hair dye called "Splat". 
Saturday: We might take out the grill and cook, though the meat comes out black.
Sunday: I might just paint something in my room, take it easy, and sit back. 


LIFE

I don't know why
Corona has me stuck
Roads are empty, no cars or trucks
Monday through Wednesday were all the same
I sat there bored playing the game
I hope my next 3 days are filled with joy
So I don't turn into that normal teenage boy

           
Looking forward to spring break
Staying up late
Marking off the days 
Hoping to catch a break
Baking up some treats
Planning a scheme 
To get ready for a new week

Waking up not having to go to school
I started to realize the days became too cool
Laying in bed all day with nothing to do,
I started to imagine if my future dreams were going to come true
I started to take up new hobbies, brightening my horizon
Only to realize as my days went by, I became more frightened
Oh my how the COVID-19 has made me and everyone else less united

I started the week off watching Netflix
The next making a poem
Questioning corona and what she is up to
Went to the dentist, four wisdom teeth need to be removed
I will be focusing on my shows
Starting a new show on Netflix
Can’t wait to dig in

These creative vents gave me an insight into how they are processing this crisis and making it work. How are you treading these uncharted waters?

No comments:

Post a Comment